The Discover Herzegovina Day Tour is a unique experience. It makes you discover several locations worth seeing, exploring and talking to your friends about. In one day enjoy at waterfalls, stunning small old towns, rivers, panoramic views, castles and natural beauties of Herzegovina. Learn about the history, culture, recent war, tradition and much more.
The first place is Blagaj a place where history, religion and one-of-kind nature mix together in a mystic-spiced combination. Dervish house carved into a breathtaking cliff in the 16th century is a place where you can catch the bright sun, blue sky and fresh water from Buna spring, which is among the strongest springs in Europe.
The second stop is Bunski kanali a place where the river Buna flows into river Neretva. A place where the blue-green beauty of the Neretva passes through a narrow natural channel created a thousand years ago. At the confluence of the Buna and the Neretva, nature offers the greatest splendor of colors, a combination of water, greenery and stone. The scene is different every time, all depending on the season and the amount of water in the canal.
The third stop is stone town Počitelj, built in the 14th century by the order of Bosnian king Tvrtko. Pocitelj is a small town with four castles. Besides its stunning oriental architecture and Ottoman feel, Pocitelj hosts the longest operating art colony in southeast Europe. Artist paint and sculpture every part of Pocitelj. In Pocitelj you can always enjoy eating figs, grapes, pomegranates and other various organic fruit.
Fourth stop is Kravice waterfalls are a place where we just leave you to have fun, swim, dive from a cliff, splash, ride a canoe, grab a selfie under one of the biggest waterfalls in the Balkans. It’s an oasis of life, it’s an oasis of fun, it’s everyone’s favorite destination. At the waterfalls Kravica in some restaurants you will be able to have lunch if you want.
Breakup of Yugoslavia / Mostar War Tour
The fifth stop of the Discover Herzegovina tour is a Mostar War Tour, an explanation of the latest war and what happened between the lines, based on your tourist guide experiences and first-hand stories. You will be able to compare how some streets look today and how they were looking during the war.
Hill Fortica / Panoramic View of Mostar
The end of the tour is on the top of the hill Fortica above Mostar. Here you can see a fabulous daylight view of the town.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Live commentary on board
- Free time to explore the stops at your own
- Small groups of 12 people or less
- Follow your local guide’s captivating commentary as they bring Herzegovina & its great works to life
- All local taxes
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees ( Waterfalls Kravica June to October 10€pp October to May 5€pp)
Duration: 8 hours
Price: 30 euro per person
Departue: 9:30am from Mostar
Things to note:
- Tour is only in English
- Required: 2 people minimum
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, we are unable to accept anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users
- Vegetarians and gluten free can be catered for
- Optimize your time: are you leaving Mostar by bus after the tour? Come on the tour and bring your luggage with you! Your tour guide will drop off you at the bus station.
- Optimize your time: if you are coming to Mostar from Sarajevo by train or bus, tour guide will wait for you at the train/bus station to pick you up.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps