Charming Mostar: Journey Through Mostar History Walking Tour
See Mostar your way on our Journey through Mostar History Private Tours, with your own expert, English-speaking guide for the day, allowing you to set the pace and tailor your itinerary to suit your needs and interests.
History of Mostar and Bosnia and Herzegovina
Our Journey through Mostar history Private Tours covers all the most iconic sights of Mostar– from the UNESCO protected stećak- medieval tombstones to the famous Old Bridge. The program is created in a authentic way focused on history, cuisine, coffee, monuments, tradition, handcraft, culture.This is your day though, so if there are areas you’d rather visit or if you’d rather linger in one location over another, feel free to request it. Our guides are local experts, familiar with every aspect of Mostar so they would be very happy to accommodate you on most requests.
A cheerful and leisurely introduction of the history of Mostar and Bosnia and Herzegovina, with valuable information about how to enjoy the city tips and stories that will arouse your curiosity. Learn to appreciate the details about the architectural details and how to choose the best places to enjoy every minute of your stay in this wonderful town.
Unique in its Diversity
In our agency, we strongly believe in the idea that has been cherished for centuries in this country, an idea that strength lies in diversity. Let us show you why Mostar is often referred to as European Jerusalem. In less than one square kilometer you will find five mosques, two Orthodox Churches, two Jewish synagogues and one Catholic Church.
Extreme sports might seem like a modern innovation for adrenaline junkies, but in the town of Mostar, jumping or diving from the 21-meter-high bridge is a test of courage that dates back more than 400 years. Learn everything about Mostar diving tradition, maybe you will be lucky to see the jump from Old Bridge during your stay in Mostar.
In addition to its famous landmarks and attractions admired by many, a lot of guests are experiencing Bosnia and Herzegovina for the first time so that’s a great opportunity to meet our delicious cuisine
Enjoy in a walk through the old bazaar- Kujundžiluk, the oldest part of the city of Mostar. It is located beside the left river bank. This staggering street has not changed its look since the mid of the 16th century. Together with the Old Bridge, the old bazaar creates miraculous as well as a unique architectural complex.
In the end let us introduce you to Bosnian coffee in one of the local restaurants. Discover traditional techniques for making and drinking of Bosnian coffee, which is considered to be a backbone of social life for centuries. Bosnian coffee (bosanska kafa) is not just a drink. It’s a complex social ritual, unfiltered Bosnian coffee comes with a very specific procedure.
- Follow your local guide’s captivating commentary as they bring Mostar & its great works to life,
- Hotel pickup and drop-off,
- Professional guide,
- Bosnian Coffee,
- Food and drinks,
Duration: 2 hours
Price: 19 euro per person
Things to note:
- Tour is only in English
- Required: 2 people minimum
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, we are unable to accept anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users
- Optimize your time: are you leaving Mostar by bus or train after the tour? Come on the tour and bring your luggage with you! Your tour guide will drop off you at the bus /train station.
- Optimize your time: if you are coming to Mostar from Sarajevo by train or bus, tour guide will wait for you at the bus/ train station to pick you up.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants must sit on laps